I've tried to extract the basic structure from this sample code and merge
it into the GeoAlchemy2 project, but somehow it fails to work for my
specific use-case: https://github.com/geoalchemy/geoalchemy2/pull/18

I'm trying something like: select([func.SomeFunction(table.c.some_column,
type_=mytype).attr1])

Unfortunately the resulting query string is missing the FROM clause and
won't execute. I'd be glad if anyone has an idea how to fix this.