Hi,

I think I fixed it but don't understand at all why my change would fix it.

getcont = "select rdb$get_context('USER_SESSION', 'LANGUAGE_ID') \
            from rdb$database"
setcont = "select rdb$set_context('USER_SESSION', 'LANGUAGE_ID', %s) \
            from rdb$database" % self.loggedInUser.language.id

            # set language for this connection for localization stuff
            x = wx.GetApp().ds.execute(setcont).fetchone()
            y = wx.GetApp().ds.execute(getcont).fetchone()
            assert y[0] == str(self.loggedInUser.language.id), \
                   "User session lang problem y = %s, id = %s" % (y,
self.loggedInUser.language.id)
            wx.GetApp().ds.commit()

If I change the application init code above to NOT do the commit at the end it works, even if later on in the application commits are issued it still keeps working.

Can someone please explain why the above commit would someone cause the context not to stick.

Werner