On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 2:11 AM, Burak Arslan
<burak.ars...@arskom.com.tr> wrote:
> On 06/27/13 13:41, Simon King wrote:
>> Remember that Python also has its own string escaping. When you write
>> a literal '\\' in Python, you are creating a string containing a
>> single backslash.
>

> Hi Simon,
>
> I'm aware of that. My issue is that SQLAlchemy produces an invalid query
> for .like('\\') in postgresql.
>
> Best,
> Burak

I don't think I understand. From your own example, "LIKE" with a
single backslash is invalid in PG:

somedb=# select * from a where a like '\';
ERROR:  LIKE pattern must not end with escape character

When you write this:

>>> e.execute(t.select(t.c.a.like('\\')))

...the pattern that you are sending to SA is a single backslash, and
SA is forwarding that directly to PG. What do you think the behaviour
should be in this case?

Simon