On 06/28/13 11:55, Simon King wrote:
> When you write this:
> ...the pattern that you are sending to SA is a single backslash, and
> SA is forwarding that directly to PG. What do you think the behaviour
> should be in this case?

Well, I'd prefer sqlalchemy did not leak such quirks and escape strings
sent to .like() accordingly.

In other words, I want the two to be equivalent:

>>> e.execute(t.select(t.c.a.like('\\')))
>>> e.execute(t.select(t.c.a == '\\'))

Otherwise, I'll have to implement a psql_escape_for_like function and
make it run like so:

>>> e.execute(t.select(t.c.a.like(psql_escape_for_like(whatever))))

I wouldn't really prefer to go down this route -- it's ugly!..

Best,
Burak