On Jul 22, 2013, at 10:22 AM, Michel Albert <exh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I realised that SA adds an instance to the session as soon as I instantiate
> it. How/Where can I disable this?
>
> For example: currently I have this behaviour:

> 1

this is not SQLAlchemy's behavior, it is typically the work of an extension
such as Flask-SQLAlchemy or Elixir (and the configuration would lie with those
tools).   SQLAlchemy by itself would have no way of knowing that your User
class has any association with a Session somewhere.

The one exception to this is if you are associating two objects together, where
one is already in a session, such as:

user = User(some_parent_object=my_object_already_in_session)

in that case, the User might be *cascaded* into the Session that the other
object is already part of.   This is a different issue with a different way of
configuring it.