Hi all,

We are using SQLAlchemy + cx_Oracle to connect to one of two Oracle nodes
(setup to mirror the databases). Connection string as follows:

"oracle+cx_oracle://%s:%s@
(DESCRIPTION=(LOAD_BALANCE=off)(FAILOVER=ON)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=%s)(PORT=%s))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=%s)(PORT=%s))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=%s)))"

engine constructed as follows:

engine = create_engine(connect_string, echo_pool=False, pool_size=60,
pool_recycle=True)

Works well. Except if a user's DB session originally connected to the
primary node don't failover to the secondary node if the primary node
disappears.

We are using version 0.8.0 installed via easy_install on a Red Hat 6 box.

Is anyone able please to point me in the right direction for properly
configuring failovers and being able to expire SQLAlchemy sessions if the
database node is offline?

Thanks for your time

Devraj