failing over between database nodes is not something that is handled within
SQLAlchemy, it's part of the functionality of your cx_Oracle driver as well as
your tns setup.   You should check with the cx_oracle list or perhaps google
around some for correct TNS settings regarding this feature.

Now, if this feature is working and it has some side effect on the state of the
Connection, which i'd imagine at the very least includes your transaction being
cancelled, you may need to take explicit steps on the client side in order to
properly handle this.  But again that's not something SQLAlchemy would have any
way of anticipating, you'd need to decide the appropriate steps and then figure
out how to detect and handle this condition, if such handling is necessary.