So the "No SqlAlchemy with Twisted" approach is dated.

I've been on the twisted list for a while, and recently asked it -- as i
have a bit of stuff for the same project running in twisted as-well-as
pyramid and-also celery.

The current consensus is that it's a general no-go/bad-idea if you're
needing to persist the session; but you're going to run into that problem
with any technology

Check out the responses in this thread:

July -
   http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2013-July/027203.html
August
   http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2013-August/027333.html

I resurrected it in August, and thats where some people started chiming in
with ways SqlAlchemy can play nice.