I have a self join (same one I've been asking about recently) and turns out that there should be a one to one mapping for the aggregated rows on one side to the aggregated rows on the other side.

If that's not true, then the returned rows are rubbish. In all my current use cases it *should* be true but I'm looking for a join that will show me when something has changed by having nulls in either the left or right side of the join.

If you can suggest a way that doesn't involve a full outer join, I'm all ears :-)