Hi All,

So, one of the projects I'm playing with at the moment is a big ball of asynchronous networking (tonnes of protocols, some tcp, some multicast) which I want to stick a webapi onto (normal requests + websocket) and probably do some database interaction with.

So, aside from figuring out which async path to go (twisted, tornado, tulip or good old fashioned asyncore), I have some concerns about database interaction.

First question: I'm guessing I should do all database access in a spawned off thread, lest it blocks?

Second question: if I end up using the ORM, I guess a safe approach would be to expunge the objects from the session before I return them from the thread that does the db interaction?

Any other advice people have in this area?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk