I'm using twisted and looking to move raw SQL ( via twisted's
`runInteraction` ) into my SqlAlchemy model.  I've only played with it a
bit.

A few notes:

Under Twisted you can't have threads spawned threads. Your computer will
want to die.   I did and crashed the server several times, daily.  My app
originally had some work done in deferToThread(), which then spawned off
some DB specific stuff in the `runInteraction`.  Every 3-6hours the app
would crash and restart.  The fix I chose was to do everything in the
runInteraction (I lost the deferToThread layer).  Conceivably, one could
use deferToThread instead of runInteraction, and then run SqlAlchemy in
there directly.

Someone posted a few weeks ago about using one of the extra arguments to
ScopedSession to get it running with Twisted.