Hi,

I had been struggling to find how to implement a "generic association" and
the documentation for inherited polymorphic relationships wasn't really
helping.  After some (a lot) of searching I found some great examples of
how to implement what I was looking for.

An example of the Rails polymorphic pattern is called a generic foreign key
and and can be found
here:
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/_modules/examples/generic_associations/generic_fk.html

Recommended alternatives to the generic foreign key can also be found
at: http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/orm/examples.html#

I just thought I would post this in the hope of saving other people some
searching.  It might be nice to have a link to the generic association
examples in the inheritance documentation
(http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_9/orm/inheritance.html#), but perhaps
I was just unlucky.

Thank you for the SqlAlchemy!

~Victor