I'm gradually working toward getting serious about controlled DB migration (version control for DBs), and have been following the Alembic announcements with interest. (We're already using SA successfully in a Twisted environment, just making sure that all DB access is encapsulated in deferreds.)

Recently, I came across mention of two projects that look similar: Liquibase (http://www.liquibase.org/index.html) and Flyway (http://flywaydb.org/). Both of them look to be based on Java, but that aside, I'd be interested to know how they compare in terms of features, maturity, etc.

Thanks for any info,
--

Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology