On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Michael Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com>
wrote:

> you either need to take order_by off the relationship(), probably the best
> idea here if ordering isn’t important, or otherwise skip joinedload(),
> write out the joins yourself and use contains_eager() (
> http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_9/orm/loading_relationships.html?highlight=contains_eager#contains-eager
> ).

Michael,

Thanks for the ideas, we'll try them. Not sure I can remove the order_by
relationship because we need the order other places... if I remove that, I
will have to add sorting in each of the other places. But it might be worth
it.

I think the manual joins and contains_eager may be better for us. Will that
work because the manual joins and contains_eager doesn't automatically
trigger adding the ORDER BY clauses?

cheers
adam
--