On Monday, March 16, 2015 at 10:22:27 AM UTC-4, Simon King wrote:

> It sounds like flask-user assumes that you are using
> Flask-SQLAlchemy's special declarative_base class. I think that as
> long as you use Flask-SQLAlchemy's session (which is a scoped_session)
> and declarative_base everywhere, you will probably be fine.

You're correct, Simon.

It's basically glossed over in the docs here --
http://flask-sqlalchemy.pocoo.org/2.0/quickstart/#road-to-enlightenment

It's not as clear as it should be that:

* users must inherit from Flask-Sqlalchemy's base, not regular Sqlalchemy
* the model.query is flask-sqlalchemy extension.