Hi,

I'm investigating the use and dependency on SQLAlchemy for a long-term
astronomy project. Given Version 1.0 just came out, I've got a few questions
about it.

1. It seems SQLAlchemy generally EOLs versions after about two releases/years.
Is this an official policy? Is this to continue with version 1.0 as well? Or is
it possible 1.0 might be a something of a long-term release.
2. While well documented and typically minimal, SQLAlchemy does have occasional
API and behavioral changes to be aware of between versions. Is the 1.0 API more
likely to be stable on the time frame of ~4 years?

Put another way, would you expect that it should be easier to migrate from
version 1.0 to the 1.4 (or whatever the current version is) of SQLAlchemy in
five years than it would be to migrate from 0.6 to 1.0 today.

I know these questions are often hard to answer with any certainty, but these
sorts of projects typically outlive the software they are built on and are
often underfunded as far as software maintenance goes, so we try to plan
accordingly.

(Of course, some people just give up and through everything in VMs behind
firewalls)

Brian