I have a query I am running where sqlalchemy is throwing this exception:

Exception: can't locate strategy for <class
'sqlalchemy.orm.properties.ColumnProperty'> (('lazy', 'joined'),)

What causes this is the addition of this joinedload_all option to a query
(q):

q = q.options(sa.orm.joinedload_all("defined_items.child_product.number"))

The intent of adding that is to try and avoid emitting sql when accessing
foo.defined_items[x].child_product.number, as there are many defined_items.

There are several other joined loads on this query that don't have an
issue.  Any ideas on what would be causing this particular problem?