On 5/24/15 6:33 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
I know it's a 3-day holiday for many of us in the US, but ... work needs to go on for us self-employed folks. :-) So, if I don't see a response until
Tuesday, that's OK.

In the SQLAlchemy docs I see that some strings are delineated with double quotes and some with single quotes. For example, when defining classes the
__table_name__ is always single-quoted; when defining a relationsip() the
foreign class name is double-quoted while the target of back_populates is
single-quoted.

If there's a Python reason for this please make me aware of just what it is. I've noticed with Python strings in general it matters not which form of quotation mark I use as long as they're a matched set enclosing the string.

there is no reason for one or the other. Python allows both as is convenient and there's in fact no way to distinguish between string literals that were created with single or double quotes in any case.