On 7/26/15 4:39 PM, Jinghui Niu wrote:
Thanks Mike,

I've read the documentation on both, hybrid attributes seem to be easier and have a clearer logic in this use case. Although this is just my gut feeling as a layman. What is the rationale behind having two competing solutions?

Also, I dimly remember someone recommended using "property method", I didn't quite understand it back then, does it relate to the two techniques you suggested here?
composites are a much older feature and very specific to the multiple-columns use case, but should work here. hybrids are more open ended, more flexible and probably easier to understand. sounds like a "property method" to me, e.g. a Python descriptor.