On 02/24/2016 09:56 AM, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 4:21:58 AM UTC+1, Mike Bayer wrote:

    in that way you can control exactly what __set__() does and it will
    never remove a TextValue object where the same identity is coming in on
    assignment.

One more question; is this described somewhere in the docs? I don't see
it
at http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/orm/extensions/associationproxy.html

There might be an old issue in bitbucket that the way associationproxy insists on calling clear() without any hook to override, the AP has a lot of old override hooks that are complicated and difficult to use, and then don't even cover this case. So the AP is just not great in this area and I'd prefer subclassing is not the idiomatic solution to this.

Regards,
Piotr