Mike, thanks for your response. I turned on the echo to see the values.
Looks like it is passing a datetime.date objects. So I don't see a time
part of the date. Here's the relevant part of the echo output.

I selected between two days ago and yesterday. It includes results for two
days ago but not results that match yesterday's date.

WHERE work_force_planning_tab.last_updated_timestamp BETWEEN
:last_updated_times
tamp_1 AND :last_updated_timestamp_2
2016-03-01 10:12:36,229 INFO sqlalchemy.engine.base.Engine
{'last_updated_timest
amp_1': datetime.date(2016, 2, 28), 'last_updated_timestamp_2':
datetime.date(20
16, 2, 29)}