The easiest fix is probably to change your query so that it looks for
results up to one day after the selected to_date (ie. if the user selects
2016/02/29, you actually query for results with last_updated_timestamp <
2016/03/01). You can do this easily enough by adding
datetime.timedelta(days=1) to your date.

Simon