> well you need a list of names so from a mapped class you can get:
>
> for name in inspect(MyClass).column_attrs.keys():
>     if name in <whatever my filter thing is>:
>         q = q.filter_by(name = bindparam(name))
>
> though I'd think if you're dynamically building the query you'd have the
> values already, not sure how it's working out that you need bindparam()
> at that stage...

Ok.  I'll try this out. This looks like it could work.  I think I need it
for the cases where a user specifies a query with condition e.g. X < 10,
runs it, gets results.  Then they want to change the condition to X < 5 and
rerun the query.  As far as I know, if condition 2 gets added into the
filter, you would have both X < 10 and X < 5 in your filter expression.
 Rather than a single updated X < 5.

What would be even more awesome is if there was a way to also update the
operator in place as well.  So changing X < 10 to X > 10.