Mike,

Thanks for your reply!

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 1:15:32 PM UTC+2, Mike Bayer wrote:

> We've not started supporting new oracle 12c features as of yet, in this
> case it might be possible to get it working with some dialect flags since
> we already use "returning" to get at the newly generated primary key,
> although testing would be needed and other assumptions in the dialect might
> get in the way.

Which flags do you have in mind? Looking at
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/dialects/oracle.html I don't see
anything which might be useful to make it work.

I was surprised Oracle needs different syntax with explicit sequence in SA.
Having one syntax for auto increment column (primary key) across all
backends seems like very important feature to have.  What is the reason
there's no Oracle dialect option to generate and use suitable sequence for
such column? Is there some recipe solving this problem?

Regards,
Piotr Dobrogost