On 06/28/2016 12:07 PM, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

On 28 June 2016 at 15:47, Mike Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com
<mailto:mike...@zzzcomputing.com>> wrote:

    On 06/28/2016 09:09 AM, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

        That sqlite reference looks a bit weird, did I miss some
        initialisation
        somewhere?

    It looks like the @compiles system is in place, which SQLAlchemy
    does not use internally.  that wasn't in your code example but
    that's likely where the exception is raised from.

Bingo! This is some cruft from prehistory of this project, not sure how
exactly it gets loaded, but adding this to the script triggers it reliably:

from sqlalchemy.ext.compiler import compiles

@compiles(ARRAY, "sqlite")
def compile_binary_sqlite(type_, compiler, **kw):
    return "STRING"

Now, in my eyes this should have no effect if you're not using sqlite,
but there is obviously something going on. I've verified that this does
not fail on 1.0.0. At least now I can continue testing 1.1.0.

well that's a regression on our end, then.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <klep...@gmail.com <mailto:klep...@gmail.com>>
http://svana.org/kleptog/