Hi, this is my first post, so if it does not adhere by your guidelines,
please let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

I'm using the sqlalchemy_utils.UUIDType as per backend-agnostic-guid-type
<http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/custom_types.html#backend-agnostic-guid-type>
.

from sqlalchemy_utils import UUIDType

class ApplicationStore(Base, Timestamp):

    __tablename__ = 'applications'

    id = Column(UUIDType(binary=False), primary_key=True, default=uuid.uuid4)

    user_uuid = Column(UUIDType(binary=False), unique=True, index=True,
nullable=False)

Since I am using a mysql db, the UUIDType is correctly falling back to the
CHAR32 representation.  However, the value that gets written to the db is
the uuid with no dashes.

application = application_service.create(user_uuid=uuid.uuid4())

The string representation of the uuid shows it with dashes, but the
database char is saved without dashes.  So my questions are:
1. Am I using this correctly?
2. Is this the expected behavior?
3. How can I force it to save as uuid with dashes, while still using the
backend agnostic guid type?

Python version: 2.7.10
SQLAlchemy version: 1.0.12