In order to achieve a single parameter affecting a group of items, the
statement would have to be modified at the string level before being passed
to the database.   The single parameter would need to be expanded into the
appropriate number of question marks, and the list of parameters would need
to be expanded to suit the values.  That or, render the values into the
string SQL directly.   In the latter case you need to be extremely careful
to guard against SQL injection and this is the main reason SQLAlchemy
itself tries to avoid shipping features like this in the first place.

For SQL processing you can likely use the before_cursor_execute() event to
make the changes you want.   See
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/events.html?highlight=before_cursor_execute#sqlalchemy.events.ConnectionEvents.before_cursor_execute
.