On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 8:53:41 PM UTC+1, Mike Bayer wrote:

> Can you confirm the exact sql and parameters you are seeing?  SQLAlchemy
> never sends NULL for an auto increment id column, it omits it from the
> statement so that the default takes place, which I assume is what you mean
> by "leave it out".

According to --log-info=sqlalchemy.engine:

```
test/test_suite.py::DateTest_informix+ibmdb::test_null <-
../../sources/sqlalchemy/lib/sqlalchemy/testing/suite/test_types.py
INFO:sqlalchemy.engine.base.Engine:INSERT INTO date_table (id, date_data)
VALUES (?, ?)
INFO:sqlalchemy.engine.base.Engine:(None, None)
```

I wouldn't be surprised if this is an issue in my dialect; but I didn't
really figure out where yet. Maybe something is off with those options:
https://gitlab.com/apollo13/sqlalchemy-informix/blob/master/sqlalchemy_informix/ibmdb.py#L262-265

?

Thanks & cheers,
Florian