We're getting the following deadlock error on SQL Server:

[FreeTDS][SQL Server]Transaction (Process ID 65) was deadlocked on lock
resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim.
Rerun the transaction. (1205) (SQLExecDirectW)') [SQL: 'SELECT [
INFORMATION_SCHEMA].[TABLES].[TABLE_NAME] \nFROM [INFORMATION_SCHEMA].[
TABLES] \nWHERE [INFORMATION_SCHEMA].[TABLES].[TABLE_SCHEMA] = CAST(? AS
NVARCHAR(max)) AND [INFORMATION_SCHEMA].[TABLES].[TABLE_TYPE] = ? ORDER BY [
INFORMATION_SCHEMA].[TABLES].[TABLE_NAME]'] [parameters: (u'dbo', 'BASE
TABLE')]

when we run:

metadata.reflect(engine)

There is an extremely small load on this server, and I am wondering why
this query would cause a deadlock. Planning on looking into this further
with the SQL Server Deadlock
tool: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188246(v=sql.105).aspx

Anyone seen this before?