Two classes in the model have columns with values constrained to specific
text strings; one table has two such columns, another table has one.

Because new strings might be added to the lists of allowed values for that
column each has the acceptable values as rows in a table rather than in a
column constraint.

SQL queries processed by SA to select rows in each table return sets. How do
I transpose each set to a python list can will be used by tkinter to display
them in a ttk.Combobox?

Because these lists need to be present before the classes for the associated
tables are processed how should the queries and lists be represented in the
view module? In a separate class?

If the answers are in the SA docs please point me to them.

And, if my questions are not sufficiently clear let me know and I'll try to
be more explicit.

TIA,

Rich

--
SQLAlchemy - The Python SQL Toolkit and Object Relational Mapper