On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 4:36:30 AM UTC-4, tonthon wrote:

> May the scoped_session factory, used in both services (web and celery),
> may cause such a problem ?

Apologies for my earlier reply, that would only affect exceptions in
Celery. I do suggest checking your Celery code to make sure you are not
connecting to the database before the fork - Celery does run as
multi-processing by default.

Celery can potentially use SqlAlchemy in two places: the messaging backend
and the worker task runners.  If you are using SqlAlchemy for the messaging
backend, that is potentially the cause.  If you are using another
technology (Redis/Rabbit/etc) for messaging, Pyramid should never be
invoking the scoped_session for Celery.  In either situation, you can drop
some debug lines around when the DB connection is made to ensure you're
connecting at the right time.

I've debugged issues in this area with PostgreSQL by enabling query logging
and including the transaction id, then looking backwards at each error to
find the query that broke the connection's state.  If your issue happens
frequently enough, an hour or two of logging might be enough to show you
what happened.