Alright, thanks because I created my sql column names with imdbID, which
contains caps.
However, after changing it to single-quotes, I got a syntax error.
###################################
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7
/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1244, in _execute_conte
xt
    cursor, statement, parameters, context
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7
/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 550, in do_execute
    cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
psycopg2.errors.SyntaxError: syntax error at or near "'imdbID'"
LINE 1: INSERT INTO movies(title, year, runtime, 'imdbID', 'imdbRati...
                                                 ^

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "import.py", line 28, in <module>
    main()
  File "import.py", line 25, in main
    engine.execute(insert_statement, title=title, year=year, runtime=ru
ntime, imdbID=imdbID, imdbRating=imdbRating)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7
/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 2166, in execute
    return connection.execute(statement, *multiparams, **params)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7
/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 988, in execute
    return meth(self, multiparams, params)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7
/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/elements.py", line 287, in _execute_on_co
nnection
return connection._execute_clauseelement(self, multiparams, params)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7
/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1107, in _execute_claus
eelement
    distilled_params,
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7
/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1248, in _execute_conte
xt
    e, statement, parameters, cursor, context
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7
/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1466, in _handle_dbapi_
exception
    util.raise_from_cause(sqlalchemy_exception, exc_info)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7
/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/compat.py", line 383, in raise_from_caus
    reraise(type(exception), exception, tb=exc_tb, cause=cause)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7
/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/compat.py", line 128, in reraise
    raise value.with_traceback(tb)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7
/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1244, in _execute_conte
xt
    cursor, statement, parameters, context
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7
/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 550, in do_execute
    cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
sqlalchemy.exc.ProgrammingError: (psycopg2.errors.SyntaxError) syntax e
rror at or near "'imdbID'"
LINE 1: INSERT INTO movies(title, year, runtime, 'imdbID', 'imdbRati...
[SQL: INSERT INTO movies(title, year, runtime, 'imdbID', 'imdbRating')
VALUES (%(title)s, %(year)s, %(runtime)s, %(imdbID)s, %(imdbRating)s)]
[parameters: {'title': 'The Lego Movie', 'year': 2014, 'runtime': 100,
'imdbID': 'tt1490017', 'imdbRating': 7.8}]
(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/f405)
Thanks,
Cravan

On 13/6/19, 7:36 PM, "Simon King" <sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com on behalf of