Thanks Simon, I got a new error this time:
#####################
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "import.py", line 28, in <module>
    main()
  File "import.py", line 20, in main
    year = int(row[1])
IndexError: list index out of range

Thanks,
Cravan

On 13/6/19, 8:19 PM, "Simon King" <sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com on behalf of
si...@simonking.org.uk> wrote:

    It's worth pointing out that your first and last errors are database
    errors from postgresql, whereas the middle syntax error was a Python
    error.

    In Python, single and double-quotes are interchangeable, and you can
    use whichever is more convenient for you. This is not true for
    postgresql. In PG, single quotes are used for strings, and
    double-quotes are used for identifiers that you want to be treated
    literally (eg. because they contain characters that aren't normally
    allowed in identifiers, or because you want them to be
    case-sensitive).

    So in this case, you need imdbID and imdbRating to be surrounded by
    double-quotes because you want them to be handled as case-sensitive.
    The easiest thing to do is to change the quotes around the whole SQL
    statement to be single quotes.

    ie.

    sqlalchemy.text('INSERT INTO movies(title, year, runtime, "imdbID",
    "imdbRating") VALUES(...)')

    Simon

https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/13/core/tutorial.html#using-textual-sql
https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/13/core/connections.html#using-transactions
    >     >     for examples.
    >     >
    >     >     Hope that helps,
    >     >
    >     >     Simon
    >     >
    >     >
    >     >     On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 11:15 AM Cravan <cravan...@gmail.com>
wrote:
    >     >     >
    >     >     > I'm getting a weird error code when I try to store values
from a csv into an sql table in a movie review assignment.
    >     >     >
    >     >     > I have already edited my apostrophes and spacing and looked
up examples from google to try and resolve my error to no avail. I also ensured
that i defined DATABASE_URL properly. Sorry for the long traceback error at the
end :P Please note that my csv values are stored in lists in each cell. They
are arranged in a single column such as
    >     >     >
    >     >     > The Lego Movie;2014;100;tt1490017;7.8
    >     >     >
    >     >     > This is my main code
    >     >     >
    >     >     > import csv
    >     >     > import sys
    >     >     > import os
    >     >     > from sqlalchemy import Column, ForeignKey, Integer, String
    >     >     > from sqlalchemy import create_engine
    >     >     > from flask import Flask, render_template, request, session
    >     >     > from flask_sqlalchemy import SQLAlchemy
    >     >     > from flask_session import Session
    >     >     >
    >     >     > engine = create_engine(os.getenv("DATABASE_URL")) # database
engine object from SQLAlchemy that manages connections to the database,#
DATABASE_URL is an environment variable that indicates where the database lives
> [...]
    >     >     > packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 550, in
do_execute
    >     >     >     cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
    >     >     > sqlalchemy.exc.ProgrammingError:
(psycopg2.errors.UndefinedColumn) column "ti
    >     >     > tle" does not exist
    >     >     > LINE 1: ...,"year","runtime","imdbID","imdbRating") VALUES
((title), (y...
    >     >     >                                                              ^
    >     >     > HINT:  There is a column named "title" in table "movies", but
it cannot be re
    >     >     > ferenced from this part of the query.
    >     >     >
    >     >     > [SQL: INSERT INTO
movies("title","year","runtime","imdbID","imdbRating") VALU
    >     >     > ES ((title), (year), (runtime), (imdbID), (imdbRating))]
    >     >     > [parameters: {'title': 'Title', 'year': 'Year', 'runtime':
'Runtime', 'imdbID
    >     >     > ': 'imdbID', 'imdbRating': 'imdbRating\n'}]
    >     >     > (Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/f405)
    >     >     >
    >     >     > --
    >     >     > SQLAlchemy -
    >     >     > The Python SQL Toolkit and Object Relational Mapper
    >     >     >
    >     >     > http://www.sqlalchemy.org/
    >     >     >
    >     >     > To post example code, please provide an MCVE: Minimal,
Complete, and Verifiable Example. See http://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve for a
full description.
    >     >     > ---
    >     >     > You received this message because you are subscribed to the
Google Groups "sqlalchemy" group.
it, send an email to sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/group/sqlalchemy.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/ca1b1197-3f05-4572-a11a-fda4e08d27f3%40googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/CAFHwexcqMjc_vUtNhx-dpyS6ECK5TSDeObDEGzeOFR1n35JkdQ%40mail.gmail.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/2E8C06E7-BD2D-408A-BFE4-6657C5270CF5%40gmail.com.

    >     --
    >     SQLAlchemy -
    >     The Python SQL Toolkit and Object Relational Mapper
    >
    >     http://www.sqlalchemy.org/
    >
    >     To post example code, please provide an MCVE: Minimal, Complete, and
Verifiable Example.  See  http://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve for a full
description.
    >     ---
Groups "sqlalchemy" group.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/CAFHwexexCE%3DpS-wP6Nxbd2znhesjwtuzt1zjodPytdiKF-x7uQ%40mail.gmail.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/4E9096F6-7FD9-4AAF-A045-0DBCE352FE9F%40gmail.com.

    To post example code, please provide an MCVE: Minimal, Complete, and
Verifiable Example.  See  http://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve for a full
description.
email to sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/CAFHwexeK05VEPLk1cLH2iq0tSzpunWViNd2DRCDLZdQi_H85xA%40mail.gmail.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/ECE19F5A-993C-4063-957F-C198A1591A13%40gmail.com.
import csv
import sys
import os
import sqlalchemy
[...]

The Shawshank Redemption;1994;142;tt0111161;9.3
The Godfather;1972;175;tt0068646;9.2
The Godfather: Part II;1974;202;tt0071562;9
The Dark Knight;2008;152;tt0468569;9
12 Angry Men;1957;96;tt0050083;8.9
Schindler's List;1993;195;tt0108052;8.9
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King;2003;201;tt0167260;8.9
Pulp Fiction;1994;154;tt0110912;8.9
The Good the Bad and the Ugly;1966;178;tt0060196;8.9
Fight Club;1999;139;tt0137523;8.8
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring;2001;178;tt0120737;8.8
Forrest Gump;1994;142;tt0109830;8.8
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back;1980;124;tt0080684;8.7
Inception;2010;148;tt1375666;8.8
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers;2002;179;tt0167261;8.7
Avengers: Endgame;2019;181;tt4154796;8.9
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest;1975;133;tt0073486;8.7
Goodfellas;1990;146;tt0099685;8.7
The Matrix;1999;136;tt0133093;8.7
Seven Samurai;1954;207;tt0047478;8.7
Se7en;1995;127;tt0114369;8.6
City of God;2002;130;tt0317248;8.6
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope;1977;121;tt0076759;8.6
The Silence of the Lambs;1991;118;tt0102926;8.6
It's a Wonderful Life;1946;130;tt0038650;8.6
Life Is Beautiful;1997;116;tt0118799;8.6
Spirited Away;2001;125;tt0245429;8.6
Saving Private Ryan;1998;169;tt0120815;8.6
The Usual Suspects;1995;106;tt0114814;8.6
Leon: The Professional;1994;110;tt0110413;8.6
The Green Mile;1999;189;tt0120689;8.6
Interstellar;2014;169;tt0816692;8.6
Psycho;1960;109;tt0054215;8.5
American History X;1998;119;tt0120586;8.5
City Lights;1931;87;tt0021749;8.5
Casablanca;1942;102;tt0034583;8.5
Once Upon a Time in the West;1968;165;tt0064116;8.5
The Pianist;2002;150;tt0253474;8.5
Modern Times;1936;87;tt0027977;8.5
The Intouchables;2011;112;tt1675434;8.5
The Departed;2006;151;tt0407887;8.5
Back to the Future;1985;116;tt0088763;8.5
Terminator 2: Judgment Day;1991;137;tt0103064;8.5
Whiplash;2014;106;tt2582802;8.5
The Lion King;1994;88;tt0110357;8.5
Rear Window;1954;112;tt0047396;8.5
Gladiator;2000;155;tt0172495;8.5
Raiders of the Lost Ark;1981;115;tt0082971;8.5
The Prestige;2006;130;tt0482571;8.5
Apocalypse Now;1979;147;tt0078788;8.5
Memento;2000;113;tt0209144;8.5
Alien;1979;117;tt0078748;8.5
Grave of the Fireflies;1988;89;tt0095327;8.5
Cinema Paradiso;1988;155;tt0095765;8.5
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse;2018;117;tt4633694;8.5
The Great Dictator;1940;125;tt0032553;8.5
Sunset Boulevard;1950;110;tt0043014;8.4
The Lives of Others;2006;137;tt0405094;8.4
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb;1964;95;tt0057012;8.4
Avengers: Infinity War;2018;149;tt4154756;8.5
Paths of Glory;1957;88;tt0050825;8.4
Django Unchained;2012;165;tt1853728;8.4
The Shining;1980;146;tt0081505;8.4
WALL-E;2008;98;tt0910970;8.4
Princess Mononoke;1997;134;tt0119698;8.4
Witness for the Prosecution;1957;116;tt0051201;8.4
Oldboy;2003;120;tt0364569;8.4
Aliens;1986;137;tt0090605;8.4
The Dark Knight Rises;2012;164;tt1345836;8.4
American Beauty;1999;122;tt0169547;8.4
Once Upon a Time in America;1984;229;tt0087843;8.4
Coco;2017;105;tt2380307;8.4
Das Boot;1981;149;tt0082096;8.4
Citizen Kane;1941;119;tt0033467;8.3
Braveheart;1995;178;tt0112573;8.4
Vertigo;1958;128;tt0052357;8.3
North by Northwest;1959;136;tt0053125;8.3
Reservoir Dogs;1992;99;tt0105236;8.3
Your Name;2015;22;tt6033368;8.9
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi;1983;131;tt0086190;8.3
M;1931;99;tt0022100;8.3
Amadeus;1984;160;tt0086879;8.3
Requiem for a Dream;2000;102;tt0180093;8.3
Dangal;2016;161;tt5074352;8.5
3 Idiots;2009;170;tt1187043;8.4
2001: A Space Odyssey;1968;149;tt0062622;8.3
Toy Story;1995;81;tt0114709;8.3
Like Stars on Earth;2007;165;tt0986264;8.4
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind;2004;108;tt0338013;8.3
Lawrence of Arabia;1962;216;tt0056172;8.3
A Clockwork Orange;1971;136;tt0066921;8.3
Singin' in the Rain;1952;103;tt0045152;8.3
Amelie;2001;122;tt0211915;8.3
Double Indemnity;1944;107;tt0036775;8.3
Inglourious Basterds;2009;153;tt0361748;8.3
Taxi Driver;1976;114;tt0075314;8.3
Full Metal Jacket;1987;116;tt0093058;8.3
To Kill a Mockingbird;1962;129;tt0056592;8.3
Bicycle Thieves;1948;89;tt0040522;8.3
Good Will Hunting;1997;126;tt0119217;8.3
The Kid;1921;68;tt0012349;8.3
The Sting;1973;129;tt0070735;8.3
The Hunt;2012;115;tt2106476;8.3
Toy Story 3;2010;103;tt0435761;8.3
Snatch;2000;102;tt0208092;8.3
Scarface;1983;170;tt0086250;8.3
For a Few Dollars More;1965;132;tt0059578;8.3
The Apartment;1960;125;tt0053604;8.3
Metropolis;1927;153;tt0017136;8.3
Monty Python and the Holy Grail;1975;91;tt0071853;8.3
L.A. Confidential;1997;138;tt0119488;8.3
A Separation;2011;123;tt1832382;8.3
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade;1989;127;tt0097576;8.2
Up;2009;96;tt1049413;8.2
Rashomon;1950;88;tt0042876;8.3
All About Eve;1950;138;tt0042192;8.3
Batman Begins;2005;140;tt0372784;8.2
Some Like It Hot;1959;121;tt0053291;8.2
Yojimbo;1961;110;tt0055630;8.3
Downfall;2004;156;tt0363163;8.2
Unforgiven;1992;130;tt0105695;8.2
Die Hard;1988;132;tt0095016;8.2
Heat;1995;170;tt0113277;8.2
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre;1948;126;tt0040897;8.2
Incendies;2010;131;tt1255953;8.3
Ikiru;1952;143;tt0044741;8.3
Green Book;2018;130;tt6966692;8.3
Raging Bull;1980;129;tt0081398;8.2
The Great Escape;1963;172;tt0057115;8.2
Children of Heaven;1997;89;tt0118849;8.3
Pan's Labyrinth;2006;118;tt0457430;8.2
Chinatown;1974;130;tt0071315;8.2
My Neighbor Totoro;1988;86;tt0096283;8.2
The Third Man;1949;93;tt0041959;8.2
Howl's Moving Castle;2004;119;tt0347149;8.2
My Father and My Son;2005;108;tt0476735;8.4
Ran;1985;162;tt0089881;8.2
Judgment at Nuremberg;1961;186;tt0055031;8.2
The Secret in Their Eyes;2009;129;tt1305806;8.2
The Gold Rush;1925;95;tt0015864;8.2
A Beautiful Mind;2001;135;tt0268978;8.2
The Bridge on the River Kwai;1957;161;tt0050212;8.2
"Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels;1998;107;tt0120735;8.2"
Casino;1995;178;tt0112641;8.2
The Seventh Seal;1957;96;tt0050976;8.2
On the Waterfront;1954;108;tt0047296;8.2
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri;2017;115;tt5027774;8.2
The Wolf of Wall Street;2013;180;tt0993846;8.2
The Elephant Man;1980;124;tt0080678;8.2
Inside Out;2015;95;tt2096673;8.2
V for Vendetta;2005;132;tt0434409;8.2
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington;1939;129;tt0031679;8.2
Room;2015;118;tt3170832;8.2
Warrior;2011;140;tt1291584;8.2
Blade Runner;1982;117;tt0083658;8.2
Dial M for Murder;1954;105;tt0046912;8.2
No Country for Old Men;2007;122;tt0477348;8.1
There Will Be Blood;2007;158;tt0469494;8.2
Andhadhun;2018;139;tt8108198;8.5
Wild Strawberries;1957;91;tt0050986;8.2
The General;1926;67;tt0017925;8.2
The Sixth Sense;1999;107;tt0167404;8.1
Trainspotting;1996;93;tt0117951;8.2
Gone with the Wind;1939;238;tt0031381;8.2
The Thing;1982;109;tt0084787;8.1
Fargo;1996;98;tt0116282;8.1
Come and See;1985;142;tt0091251;8.2
Gran Torino;2008;116;tt1205489;8.1
Finding Nemo;2003;100;tt0266543;8.1
The Deer Hunter;1978;183;tt0077416;8.1
Shutter Island;2010;138;tt1130884;8.1
The Big Lebowski;1998;117;tt0118715;8.1
Kill Bill: Vol. 1;2003;111;tt0266697;8.1
Sherlock Jr.;1924;45;tt0015324;8.2
Cool Hand Luke;1967;126;tt0061512;8.1
Tokyo Story;1953;136;tt0046438;8.2
Mary and Max;2009;92;tt0978762;8.1
Rebecca;1940;130;tt0032976;8.1
Hacksaw Ridge;2016;139;tt2119532;8.1
Jurassic Park;1993;127;tt0107290;8.1
How to Train Your Dragon;2010;98;tt0892769;8.1
Gone Girl;2014;149;tt2267998;8.1
Wild Tales;2014;122;tt3011894;8.1
The Truman Show;1998;103;tt0120382;8.1
Sunrise;1927;94;tt0018455;8.2
Stalker;1979;162;tt0079944;8.1
The Grand Budapest Hotel;2014;99;tt2278388;8.1
In the Name of the Father;1993;133;tt0107207;8.1
Stand by Me;1986;89;tt0092005;8.1
It Happened One Night;1934;105;tt0025316;8.1
Into the Wild;2007;148;tt0758758;8.1
Platoon;1986;120;tt0091763;8.1
Memories of Murder;2003;132;tt0353969;8.1
Network;1976;121;tt0074958;8.1
Monty Python's Life of Brian;1979;94;tt0079470;8.1
Ben-Hur;1959;212;tt0052618;8.1
Persona;1966;83;tt0060827;8.1
12 Years a Slave;2013;134;tt2024544;8.1
Million Dollar Baby;2004;132;tt0405159;8.1
Hotel Rwanda;2004;121;tt0395169;8.1
Before Sunrise;1995;101;tt0112471;8.1
The Bandit;1996;128;tt0116231;8.3
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion;1997;90;tt0169858;8.2
Prisoners;2013;153;tt1392214;8.1
Mad Max: Fury Road;2015;120;tt1392190;8.1
The Wages of Fear;1953;131;tt0046268;8.1
Rush;2013;123;tt1979320;8.1
Hachi: A Dog's Tale;2009;93;tt1028532;8.1
Logan;2017;137;tt3315342;8.1
The 400 Blows;1959;99;tt0053198;8.1
Andrei Rublev;1966;205;tt0060107;8.2
Catch Me If You Can;2002;141;tt0264464;8.1
Spotlight;2015;129;tt1895587;8.1
The Passion of Joan of Arc;1928;114;tt0019254;8.1
Amores Perros;2000;154;tt0245712;8.1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2;2011;130;tt1201607;8.1
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind;1984;117;tt0087544;8.1
The Princess Bride;1987;98;tt0093779;8.1
Barry Lyndon;1975;185;tt0072684;8.1
Rocky;1976;120;tt0075148;8.1
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid;1969;110;tt0064115;8.1
Rang De Basanti;2006;157;tt0405508;8.2
Monsters Inc.;2001;92;tt0198781;8.1
Dead Poets Society;1989;128;tt0097165;8.1
The Grapes of Wrath;1940;129;tt0032551;8.1
The Maltese Falcon;1941;100;tt0033870;8.1
The Terminator;1984;107;tt0088247;8
Raise the Red Lantern;1991;125;tt0101640;8.2
The Handmaiden;2016;145;tt4016934;8.1
Gandhi;1982;191;tt0083987;8.1
La Haine;1995;98;tt0113247;8.1
Donnie Darko;2001;113;tt0246578;8.1
In the Mood for Love;2000;98;tt0118694;8.1
Diabolique;1955;117;tt0046911;8.1
Groundhog Day;1993;101;tt0107048;8
The Help;2011;146;tt1454029;8.1
The Wizard of Oz;1939;102;tt0032138;8
Jaws;1975;124;tt0073195;8
Guardians of the Galaxy;2014;121;tt2015381;8.1
Before Sunset;2004;80;tt0381681;8.1
Castle in the Sky;1986;125;tt0092067;8.1
Paris Texas;1984;145;tt0087884;8.1
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl;2003;143;tt0325980;8
The Nights of Cabiria;1957;110;tt0050783;8.1
Beauty and the Beast;1991;84;tt0101414;8
The Exorcist;1973;122;tt0070047;8
Three Colors: Red;1994;99;tt0111495;8.1
Akira;1988;124;tt0094625;8.1
Gangs of Wasseypur;2012;321;tt1954470;8.2
PK;2014;153;tt2338151;8.2