On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, at 3:01 AM, Carson Ip wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for the swift response.
>
> Then I guess the easiest fix for me is to modify the cache key composition to
> replace the dialect object part with a dialect summary (e.g. type + version)
> that is the same between all engines. But it requires a guarantee that all
> compiled SQL queries must not contain database (schema) name.
>
> Having a single connection pool that is shared among all shards on a host is
> cool (i think we have discussed this in the past in another thread), but is
> it readily available at the moment? Also, if I go with this solution only, it
> still requires a LRU cache capacity of (number of hosts * number of queries).

hi there -

so yes, I just looked at the source for schema translate, and apparently I did
the wrong thing here by making this an inline-compiled element, which while it
is part of the cache key, does not solve the problem of creating N keys. so
https://github.com/sqlalchemy/sqlalchemy/issues/5004 is also added and in 1.4 I
will definitely be changing this so that there is only one cache key per SQL
regardless of schema translate. good thing this got pointed out.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/9bd79150-32e6-4729-bdce-b77f7a49cb81%40www.fastmail.com.