Hello Everyone,

Need some suggestion/insight on some use case we have:

We have python django web application which uses sqlalchemy v1.3.13
(mysqldb) to communicate with AWS Aurora (RDS). This application uses AWS
Secrets Manager for managing database credentials and utilizing sqlalchemy
(w/ mysqldb & queuepool) to read user/password during application start-up
via settings.py/manage.py.

For security reasons, we have to rotate database credentials frequently and
for that we are using AWS Lambda to update in the Aurora DB & secrets
manager. We are using pool_recycle w/ 5 mins and also MYSQL database issues
a disconnect if there is any connection is open & idle for more than 8
hours, so when this happens and pool creates a new connection then it fails
the authentication. We don't see anyway for engine object to
reload/refresh/re-read updated credentials other than re-deploying or
restarting our services for this issue.

Is there any documentation on how we could re-create/reload engine or other
mechanisms to handle/address this situation ?

Thanks,
Pavan.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/ed50fe16-f759-4d14-a111-62457f4009c5o%40googlegroups.com.