Hello Mike,

latest update, I've tried to keep hook separately out of session but still
not working when database credentials changed

def get_engine(args):
      # our code to create engine
      return engine

def get_session(args):
      db = get_engine(args)
      # create scoped_session using sessionmaker by binding the engine
returned from above
      return session

from sqlalchemy.engine import Engine

@event.listens_for(Event, "do_connect")
 def receive_do_connect(dialect, conn_rec, cargs, cparams):
            secret = get_new_secret()  # used our custom code to get
password from secrets manager
            cparams['password'] = secret

Please help let me know if I'm doing anything wrong here.

Thanks,
Pavan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/c0741165-5fce-406a-aaee-802df9198387o%40googlegroups.com.