I'm lost in two places:

sa.Column(
 'trip_num',
 sa.Integer,
 sa.Sequence('trip_num_seq', schema='public', optional=True),
 primary_key=True,
)

1. I'm specifying schema='public', yet the sequence gets created under
Metadata's schema.
2. I'm trying this optional=True, however all it does is make the Integer
back into the Serial, which I'm trying to avoid.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/925b2783-cbf3-491f-b4ab-1bda26eae181o%40googlegroups.com.