I should have given these details from the get-go:  the use case is a
specialized select() (dynamically built) which would be extremely
convenient to map relationships against for convenience in subquery
non_primary=True anyway, or won’t this work?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/CANnF6aEAcuCRJrAQDWYrDGVmv5k7OuXNC_AXgrqDO00L3j%3D%2BAg%40mail.gmail.com.