On Thu, Apr 1, 2021, at 11:20 AM, Soumaya Mauthoor wrote:
> Hello Mike
>
> Thanks for quick response! I don't have postgres installed right now so I
> tried with sqlite, which is also autocommit by default. Example

ahha - that's again a very specific quirk of the pysqlite driver that it does
not autobegin the transaction if DDL is encountered, which is a bug in the
driver, see https://bugs.python.org/issue9924

This autocommit situation has been mostly unchanged since I first started
SQLAlchemy in 2005.     So I've been working with this behavior literally every
day for sixteen years with a dozen or more DBAPI drivers.    It's safe to trust
I know what i am speaking of !  :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/2a6c2fcc-7bbe-44cf-a232-e9131cc7f436%40www.fastmail.com.