If you are using the legacy engine, that is, without "future=True" in
create_engine(), SQLAlchemy autocommits statements that have strings like
"CREATE TABLE", "INSERT", etc.  This is called "library level autocommit", it's
deprecated and the whole thing is documented at
https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/14/core/connections.html#library-level-e-g-emulated-autocommit

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/db166aad-37ca-46a1-b728-c652a74b05e2%40www.fastmail.com.