hi there -

having a separate project name on pypi doesn't solve any issue that isn't
already solved by using version pinning - the "sqlalchemy" name on pypi is
already at 1.4.  the only way to install 1.3 is by requesting "pip install
sqlalchemy < 1.4".

As you've probably seen, SQLAlchemy 1.4 /2.0 includes a very specific upgrade
path with step-by-step instructions at
https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/14/changelog/migration_20.html .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/a4f52053-8d1d-4408-a9e4-cec874dbcb11%40www.fastmail.com.