Nancy Andeyo <nandey...@gmail.com> writes:

> However, the part with problems is this one: .filter(func.strftime('%m',
> Event.event_date = datetime.today().strftime('%m'))) where the aim to
> filter out events that will take place in the current month. This is the
> section that I posted, yet I needed to post the entire query for what I am
> intending to achieve is understood.

I can't say if the typos are due to you rewriting the cide in these
messages, or if instead they are effectively present in the real code,
but also the above is not correct:

  .filter(func.strftime('%m', Event.event_date =
datetime.today().strftime('%m')))

This should raise a syntax error when evaluated by Python...

For comparison, the following complete script works for me:

  from datetime import date
  from pprint import pprint

  from sqlalchemy import create_engine
  from sqlalchemy import func
  from sqlalchemy.orm import Session

  from sol.models import Tourney

  engine = create_engine('sqlite:///development.db')
  session = Session(engine)

  q = session.query(Tourney)
  q = q.filter(func.strftime('%m', Tourney.date) == date.today().strftime('%m'))

  pprint([(t.description, t.date) for t in q.limit(3).all()])

and emits

  [('2° Torneo', datetime.date(2001, 4, 1)),
   ('7° Torneo', datetime.date(2004, 4, 24)),
   ('7° Torneo', datetime.date(2005, 4, 30))]

Hope this helps,
ciao, lele.
l...@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/87pm8ier3i.fsf%40metapensiero.it.