"Mike Bayer" <mike_not_on_goo...@zzzcomputing.com> writes:

> it looks like you're trying to add an ORDER BY to the table that's
> only there via joinedload(). That's *really* not something we
> anticipate and it would be better if people proposed perhaps ad-hoc
> order_by expressions to be added to common loader options like
> joinedload() and selectinload(), in the same way that we offer ad-hoc
> WHERE criteria for these options now. as you are probably aware, the
> current way to do "joinedload with custom criteria / ordering / etc"
> is to write the query using outerjoin() and order_by() normally, then
> use contains_eager().

Oh, thanks a lot for this!. Accordingly with the git history, I
introduced that test to address a deprecation warning issued by SA 1.4+
load_only()...

I will study the contains_eager() alternative and try to modernize my
code that still uses that idiom.

bye, lele.
l...@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/87zg576sun.fsf%40metapensiero.it.