Also you may not need the col_by_name at all for order_by, since you can
pass the string in order_by directly:
https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/20/tutorial/data_select.html#tutorial-order-by-label
This case is still not supported, since doing "query.order_by('firstname')"
raises "column not found".

(ps: github discussions should be preferred to share code snippets)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/07785e0a-27e3-4977-857a-34cda38903f8n%40googlegroups.com.