> Personally I'm a big fan of Sqlite (great tool), and I really hope that
> this issue can be solved (so we can choose Sqlite).
> I understand that solving this issue demands big changes, but I believe
> this will take Sqlite to the "big players league".

There are great competition in that division with engines like Postgresql
and mysql, DB2, Oracle and so on. They also need much more from
the user and I would be really disappointed if we lost sqlite from the
small footprint, easy administrated and reliable engine as it is today into
something that takes a big team to maintain and develop.

I was looking for exactly what sqlite is when I found it.
I am already administrating postgres databases and are happy
with it and think yet another wannabee competitor in the Oracle/DB2
division is one too much.

The implementation of sqlite into PHP is a great success and in my opinion
sqlite should stay to the small and efficient databases area. Improvements
yes,
but growing the code base from 25 k of lines to 250 k of lines, I hope not.

The demand for sqlite is as big as it is for mysql/postgres but there is
nowhere
around where it is anything as good as sqlite.

 /Jonas