On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 07:20, Thiago Mello wrote:
> Hi Ben Carlyle,
>
> First of all, thanks for your help!
>
> I can't brig these two operation togethe causa I need the result of the
> SELECT in a if condition.

You cannot do the UPDATE inside of a SELECT callback. You do not need
the results of a SELECT for an UPDATE. Not for this one.

I think you mean:

UPDATE TABLE1 SET number=number+1 WHERE id="JOHN";

Or maybe you meant:

UPDATE TABLE1 SET number=number+1 WHERE name="JOHN";

Either way, it seems an awful like you have a "bigger goal" that you're
trying to solve that you're not explaining here for whatever reason--
instead you assumed you needed to UPDATE inside the SELECT. You can't
and if you show us what you're really trying to do, I'll bet that you
don't either...