"Dennis Volodomanov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Could someone confirm this or tell me how to use the sqlite_busy_timeout()
> function? As I understood it, I have to call this function after each
> sqlite_open() call and it'll work until the sqlite_close() call, even if
> there are many calls in between?

Correct.

> Also, what would be an "average" waiting time? I currently have it set for
> 5000 ms, is it enough or better raise it up?

That depends entirely on your applications that are opening the database.
When an application begins a transaction, the database is locked.  When it
commits or rolls back the transaction, the database is unlocked.  If you have
long-running transactions on the database, you'll need a long value in your
call to sqlite_busy_timeout() to ensure that transactions have time to
complete before your new requests time out.

Derrell