> Correct.

Thank you.

> That depends entirely on your applications that are opening the database.
> When an application begins a transaction, the database is locked.  When it
> commits or rolls back the transaction, the database is unlocked.  If you
have
> long-running transactions on the database, you'll need a long value in
your
> call to sqlite_busy_timeout() to ensure that transactions have time to
> complete before your new requests time out.

Ok, I guess I'll do this by trial-and-error :-) The application is run on a
network with an average of 3-10 copies running and using the same database
file. I guess it might take more than 5 seconds, especially on 10mbit LAN.
Perhaps the best solution would be to let the user configure this timeout
with a minimum of 5 seconds, for example. Then I'd be on the safe side.

   Dennis

// MCP, MCSD
// ASP Developer Member
// ASP Gold Standard Committee Chairman