On Mar 5, 2004, at 2:14 AM, Mathieu Arnold wrote:

Well, at that point the statement is not terminated, a could contain
newlines, so, '1
' is valid :)
What's your point ?

Right. I didn't word my question very well. Let me put it this way. Say I have an SQLite wrapper and a user of my wrapper makes a mistake and types the above SQL believing they have terminated the quoted but haven't. How can I, in my wrapper, determine that there is something incomplete about that SQL. I know there is a function in the SQLite API that checks for completeness, but I don't believe that will help me in this case.

Thanks for any help.