Will Leshner wrote:

Right. I didn't word my question very well. Let me put it this way. Say I have an SQLite wrapper and a user of my wrapper makes a mistake and types the above SQL believing they have terminated the quoted but haven't. How can I, in my wrapper, determine that there is something incomplete about that SQL. I know there is a function in the SQLite API that checks for completeness, but I don't believe that will help me in this case.

Append a single ';' character to the string then call sqlite_complete().

--
D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565